potty trained now having pee accidents what to do?

My DD has been fully day and night trained for 3 months now. Achually night was a little longer that is why I started her. She does really good normally she doesn't even tell me anymore she just goes to the potty on her own I will hear her in the bathroom so then I go to wipe her or whatever. But today she has pooped in the potty, but has had 3 pee accidents today. This morning she peed on the steps I asked her if she just peed (cause I heard something) she said no. Well she did so I cleaned that up then a few hours later she came downstairs with diffrent clothes on here found she peed her pants. Then she was eating dinner got down from the table took off her pants and went to throw them down the basement she peed them too. Why is she doing this? What can I do about it? She was doing really good for 3 months not even telling me when she had to go just gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter has regressed in the same way three times now since she has been potty trained. She is 2 1/2 and has been fully trained for a few months now. Every time I just wait it out, she always goes back to going on the potty again. It is frustrating but I think putting her back in pull ups would make it even harder to get her back on track. I just kept cleaning up the messes and calmly telling her to go on the potty next time. Each time she regressed it only lasted for a few days before she was back to normal.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 10:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• She turned 2 on January 11 but she was not going in her pants for 3 months maybe 4 now she is. And only during the day and she is still pooping in the potty. And after she does it she takes her pants right off and throws them in the dirty clothes.
    Anonymous

• oh also no nothing has changed in our lives or schedules that would cause this
    Anonymous

• Any chance she has a uti? Mine had one and she just peed without knowing it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My daughter went through that at 2 1/2, but I had a baby when she was 25 months old, so I kind of expected it. My daughter has accidents occasionally still. She's 3 1/2. She just gets busy playing. When I see her wiggling, I say, "Let's go to the potty". She would just rather not be bothered with something so boring. If you don't suspect UTI or anything, you could try making it fun for her by rewarding dry days. . . She may just be bored with it. I had to put my dd back in pull ups for a while when she reverted. (had been PT for several months) She said she wanted to be a baby and wear baby diapers. Once we got through that, she went back to panties just fine. If you ask a doctor, they will probably not take you seriously, b/c the average age for a girl to be potty trained is 36 months, though it seems LOs to SAHMs PT earlier as we're home and have time to work one-on-one with them.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 10:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2010