Spermicide and breastfeeding and some other questions

Can you use spermicide while breastfeeding? If you can, what brands are the best and easiest to use? If you use or have used spermicide in the past, how effective was it?

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 5:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• Spermicide foam and condoms together are over 99% effective, I remember learning in a college class.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• yes, spermicide does not enter your bloodstream so it safe..... as far as effective, that I don't know
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• yes. fine to use while nursing... can't recall a favorite brand, but for the love of pete, it is like 80% effective when used properly (IF I am remembering correctly). If you are not on the minipill, then you definitely need to wrap it up! liftstyles ultrathins are the most comfortable that I have found. or, any ultrathin... your choice of brands.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2010