where is there a good place to get a baby's ears periced?

my baby girl is 3 months old now and i want to get her ears periced but i dont want them to get messed up.. or infected so anyone know a good place it would help me out alot!! thanks!

LadyUrteaga

Asked by LadyUrteaga at 5:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Peircing Pagod at the mall is where we had our dd's ears done. They use single-use piercing studs and the people wear gloves and clean the ears with solution before they do them. We got free antiseptic cleaner for her ears when we got the earrings too.
    Anonymous

• any PUBLIC place is riddled with bacteria (and NOT the harmless kind! even if they DO were gloves, they still have to touch things!).... I disagree COMPLETELY with piercing a child who is not old enough to ASK for it their self. THAT said, it is obvious that you have decided to do it anyway... so, you are BEST off doing it at home. In an environment that the child is accustomed to, and less likely to contact harmful bacteria in. You can buy a single use piercing kit (with antiseptic solution) for about $20 (cheaper if you buy crappy studs). Best off doing it at home. My dd's 1st set I had done @ the mall- after the nightmare, her 2nd and 3rd sets were done at HOME. no problem with those.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• have you aske her pediatrician. my dd had her done there by my sister, she works at the office as a nurse. and no problem she didnt mess her ears till a month ago. (she is almost 3 yrs old now) and i decided to take them off cuz she kept loosing them
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My DD had hers done by her pedi. at 6 months. She is 2 and a half now. Never had any issues, she never touched them and they were easy for me to care for.

Who gives a flying _____ if people agree or disagree.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Why not wait until baby is able to decide for herself? We all try to teach our daughters that their body is sacred and not to be touched or harmed by others but how can we say that when we go and do what we are telling her to avoid? The earrings are for you not for baby. The pain is definitely not unbearable for a child of deciding age and it gives her control of her body and shows that you respected her and her body from the beginning and gives her a very memorable and special day for both of you. Good Luck with your decision!

Anonymous

• we went to the piercing pagoda in the mall, never had any problems and they were clean. i know some pediatricians do it as well, but charge a arm and a leg.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 7:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• christine- I was offering a genuine answer. I do not have to agree. I believe it is barbaric, but I was willing to offer an answer because I know what actually goes on at those Piercing Pagodas, and places like claires... It is scary, just HOW MUCH harmful bacteria there is floating around.
    I am a pierced and tattooed momma, and my dd has 3 sets in her ears- I have nothing against piercing in general, just when it it done without someones consent. If I was pierced while unconscious, I would be angry- even if I liked the piercing, I would feel violated. That's just my opinion.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Just a heads up, there is NO way to properly sanitize a piercing gun at the pagodas they are just wiped with alcohol. They are NOT put in an autoclave. Either go to a piercer or a pedi. They use all new needles and properly sanitize the tools.
    Anonymous

• Obby, I really don't care if you were or not. I just don't understand why people can't just answer the question. She didn't ask for an opinion on how you personally feel about it. I don't understand how you can find it barbaric, have piercings and tattoos yourself then in another sentence say you have nothing against piercings in general. That baby is her child she doesn't need consent, she isn't abusing her or harming her in any way. I'm sorry but a small hole in the ear lobe is not an "alteration" and not barbaric. We as parents should not try to tell another parent that it is barbaric when in fact, that is your opinion.

Now that was my opinion.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• At that age, I would take her to her pedi. Good luck.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 10:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2010