If you hate yourself

How can you learn to love yourself? How can you accept that others love you, and yet you push them away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• If you ever find out, let me know. I'm dead useless.
    Anonymous

• It's called depression.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 by: Anonymous
    If you ever find out, let me know. I'm dead useless.
    I'm sorry
    Anonymous

• contact Dr. Phil.. please...
    Anonymous

• hugsLadies, ladies, what' s up with all this negative talk? Maybe it's the full moon. How do you love yourself? Well I'd start with listing things I thought were good about me. What skills do you have? What are some positive characteristics about you? Obviously there are good things or those other folks wouldn't see them and love you in spite of you not seeing it. I'm not sure it's merely depression. It sounds deeper than that. There are some disorders that cause ppl to not feel the love within and in turn push people away but I'm not a doctor and can't tell you if you have one. The best i can do is send a hug and hope you find yourself. Life is a self journey. Be open to what you learn about yourself

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• admckenzie--thank you for your response. I really am looking for some sort of insight, but have no where else to turn. I dont think its depression either, because I have been treated for that, and even when I am happy, I still hate myself. I always think of "good" things about myself but end up telling myselfthat they are not true. I feel as though my entire life has been a huge failure. I manage to screw up everything, and hav always pushed ppl out of my life.
    Anonymous

• PM me if you want to talk. I've done what you are doing. I'll be glad to share privately.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Hey, I am sorry you are feeling so down about yourself. I have been there. It can be tough some days to feel good about myself. But you have to stay positive. If you emphasize the things you wish you could change about yourself, you won't ever have time to see what you really are. We are always more than the 'bad' things we think we possess. It just drains you even more. What I do is find things I like doing. Things that make me feel good and I set aside me time as much as I can. When I am feeling blue I will put on some good music and dance, go for a walk, give myself 60 seconds to let out the negative and then stop! I have this poem in my bathroom, and I read it every morning before I leave. It inspires me to remember that I am enough. I think I have it posted in my journal. You should go read it. It is called Imagine a Woman.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 9:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010