How is a do-it-yourself manicure done?

What is the best way to do a manicure yourself? I don't have a lot of time or money but I love feeling pretty. Suggestions welcome :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I do my nails all the time, it isn't difficult or expensive.  Just file your nails to smooth the edges and give them shape, and push back the cuticles.   Then apply a base coat, then two coats of polish and finish with a top coat.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• if you soak you nails in warm water, or moisturizing lotion first, the cuticles will push better. also, when you file, be sure to file from side-to-center, rather than back-n-forth across the free edge, which will encourage cracks or chips. if you buff the surface before you polish, you'll get a smoother finish.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2010