Do you think I sound overweight?

I am 5'0" (or 4'11") I have been measured as both. Anyway, I am 127lbs. with a muscular build. I want to lose about 10lbs and just tone up a bit in the abdominal area. I used to weigh 105 and I looked sickly skinny, but now I feel yucky. I guess 10lbs makes a huge difference at my height.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You people who are in the 120 range and are taller than her are underweight!

Don't use BMI, it's not accurate! Everyone is different from bone size and density, to muscle mass and flesh and not just where excess fat is, but the type of fat it is!

It's not about a number it's about the type of food you eat, and whether or not you move your body enough, and the amount of muscle and 'healthy' fat on your body. Muscle does weigh more than fat, so say you were a body builder and didn't tell people and because you had huge muscle mass, you were 5' and said you weigh 170lbs! People'd really call you fat then, but you wouldn't be, so what's that tell you about numbers!

You need to see a doctor to find out the amount of fat on your body, what type of fat it is, and where it's located. Long as it's not a huge amount of the bad fat, in the wrong area, stop stressing! We need some fat, it's healthier! 127 for 5'0 isn't overweight!
    Anonymous

• Ummmm no...are you fishing for complements here...if so...here ya go...you dont need to loose weight you sound normal to me.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, you sound like a heifer. Drop the Big Mac and go work out. Is that what you were looking for?
    Anonymous

• Who cares what we think it's how you feel what matters, do what makes you feel good.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Fishing for compliments? Um, no. According to the Height/weight charts I am a fatty. I wanted to see what real people thought.
    Anonymous

• Muscles weigh more than fat. You already know this. If you have some jiggle, tone up. There are too many women who look at numbers but aren't toned so they look awful. The scale says they are thin but in reality they are bone with saggy skin and a pooch.
    Anonymous

• ok im the same height and weight 140 you should be happy with this
    Anonymous

• Depends on your body my dear, I too am measured 4'11 and like my weight 110-115lb I'm currently almost 130 because I'm pregnant and I know exactly what you mean in reference to those charts.When I was going to join the military I was stilll like 10 lbs overweight but got thro because of my body fat was at 12% (I worked out alot prior to being pregnant) I'm suppose to "be" 95 lbs according to those charts..Yeah right..I'm usually 105-110 but when I workout I'm 115 and LOVE the look! I'm also latina though and have a booty and my boobs WITHOUT being pregnant are a natural 34D, sometimes C when working out. But point is, my build is NOTHING like those little tiny asian chicks :) lol I've hips and "curvy" yet toned legs..just don't bulk up to much if you start working out. And yes, being that everything is smaller. our torsos, our legs etc even 5 lbs can make a difference.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I don't know. Before I had kids I never weighed over 120 in my life and I'm 5'8. I don't think that was too skinny but I also had no muscle.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that sounds like a lot for your frame. I weigh about 128 and am 5'6". 10 pounds does make a big difference on a small frame.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2010