Just after your period???

When is the best time to conceive a baby is it just after your period or 14 day's after i was told the day after your period then i was told 14 day's then i was told 13 day's befor your next period starts...I'm so confused so ladies when is it really the best time??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It all depends on how long your cycle is and when you ovulate. I, for example, have a 32-36 day cycle. I typically ovulate around day 19-23 of each cycle.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 5:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• TYPICALLY it's 14 days before the start of your period, but that can be different. I know a woman who ovulates on cycle day 7.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• When you're ovulating. Which will vary based on your individual cycle. For many women it's 14 days. For others it's less time. RARELY is it immediately after your period.

Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. It's sort of an owner's manual for the female reproductive system, and its method WORKS.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• my cycle is every 28 day's if that helps
    Anonymous

• It all depends. You can ovulate different times during the month. Average is 14 days after your first day of you period.
    Anonymous

• By the way, the first day of your period is considered Day 1, so when they say Day 14, that's not 14 days after your period stops. Also, all women differ when they ovulate, so you'll need to clue in to what you body is telling you. I also second the recommendation for "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 12:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2010