How to be a better mom to a preschooler!?

Hello All.
I've been feeling like a bad mom, I mean I dont feel that I do much to make my daughter happy. she's 3 years old turning 4 in Feb and she is just a happy kid, but i feel that I have nothing to do with her happiness. I make sure she is well fed, and clean and healthy, and happy. But how can I persoanlly maker her happier.... I kinda want to make up for almost neglecting her for 3 months as I took 7 classes in the fall semester.... where do you gals find the time, energy and strength to make happy babies? and Do you guys have any tips on making an awesome b-day bash for my daughter? Thanks! (>^_^)>

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 5:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If she's happy and healthy and knows you love her, I would not worry. Feeling guilty for doing something that you need for you (and which I'm sure in both the grand scheme and even the present day makes you a better mom to her), does not constitute neglect if her physical and emotional needs are still being met. Spend time with her when you can, pay attention to what she says, show an active interest in your life to the furthest extent you can... but don't beat yourself up about times past; and especially don't act out of guilt and try to make up for your time with material possessions... throw her the best birthday bash you can, but not because you feel guilty, but because you love her; don't spend more than you would if you had been a "perfect" mom all along. If you spend no time with her and then shower her with stuff, you'll send her mixed messages. Just love and care for her... I'm sure you're doing great.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I must be tired... Meant to say No sense in feeling guilty for taking the classes, and spending time away from her does not constitute neglect... and show an interest in HER life!

Sorry that was practically illegible!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• :D thanks.... very helpful.
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010