At what age will you retire?

Does anyone have hopes of retiring from your job before the age of 60? If so, how many years would you have been in your field, and would you receive a retirement package from your company?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm on the road to being retired around 35. My husband will be around 40. But I doubt I will stay there. Once this business is able to completely support us enough that we can retire, I will be ready to start a new one! lol! Or at the very least, finish my book! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm quite certain that I'll be able to retire before I'm 50. I am a self employed PFP and by the time I retire I will have been in my job for 25 years.
    Anonymous

• I will have in 30 years of service and be able to retire when I am 58.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I guess wheater I want to or not I retired 3 years ago when I injured my back and can no longer do the work I use to do. My hubby on the other hand will not retired until he is 65 if all goes right.

Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 6:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I'm a SAHM, but my husband can retire in 2 years, when he's 41. But, his take home monthly pay would only be about $4,000, but if he stays in for 7 more years his take home pay will be closer to $7,500 a month... so we'll probably go that route. Plus, by then we'll have about $300,000 saved.

He also works part-time as an on-line instructor and will make about $1,500 a month there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Technically my husband will be able to retire when he's 50, whether he will or not depends on how much money we have saved when it's time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2010