How long would it take me to go to school...If I want to become a RN/Pediatrician?

I am in my late 40's and I love kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in

• If you follow a class schedule it should take about 2-4 years depending on where you go to school. My husband attends a community college where we live and took 3 semesters of classes for nursing school prerequisites and is hopefully going to be starting nursing school this fall and that takes 4 semesters. He'll have his RN Associates. If you go to a 4 year college you'll graduate with a RN Bachelors.
    Anonymous

• LVN 1-2 years. RN 4 year bachelor's degree. Pediatrician 4 years of pre-med Bachelor's degree 4 years of Med school.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• oh yea and I think additional time in residency.
    lowencope

• Big difference there. At one of the area community colleges, if a person gets into back-to-back programs, they can be an RN in 18 months. My sister lives in another part of the state, and it's taking her 2 full years. Pediatrician is like a regular doctor, just with a specialty, and is going to take roughly a decade - IF you've already done the college thing and those credits apply, possibly longer if you haven't or they don't.
    Anonymous

• RN 2-4 yrs depending on if you go to a technical school or a university. A pediatrician is a doctor, so 4 years for Bachelors, 3-4 yrs medical school, 3-4 yrs residency. And that is only if you get accepted to a med school after your Bachelors degree is completed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010