has anyone else had issues

Has anyone had Mastitis before? I did with my last daughter and had to do cream and antibiotics. She had to be on Nystatin after that b/c of thrush and then I had to put nystatin on my nipples so I wouldn't get it. Well she will be 2 next month and ever since then i still get that same feeling like the yeast in your breasts. Has anyone else have a problem like it or issues w/ your nipples. I can't stand it and the Dr say it is just the way my nipples are. It hurts and finding it to be disturbing.

ascmyworld

Asked by ascmyworld at 6:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• yes like phantom pains. even though there was no infection there still felt like there was. Mine did that until i finished breastfeeding. lasted total of about 7 months.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I had mastitis twice; I was able to avoid antibiotics with hot compresses and massage.
    For the yeast/thrush, get a (refrigerated) probiotics powder. Sprinkle it on your nipples just before feeding. When Baby is finished, rub breast milk on your nipples, let them completely air dry, and sprinkle on more probiotics.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I should of said that I haven't breast fed her ever since she was 3 months old do to acid reflux. Ever since the problem I have this issue and my Dr. said it was just me. How do I get it to go away for good?
    ascmyworld

Answer by ascmyworld at 12:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2010