How you ever thought about how many charitable organization are Christians based?

My friend was looking for help on her gas bill and a church she never went to helped her.

A few years ago a church gave my neighbor food they don't even believe in God.

I wonder what percent of the charitiy in the US is from a Christian organization

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are many, MANY religious charities not just christian ones. What bothers me about religious charities is they assume that every person that has fallen on hard times is in that position because they lack faith in God and they are sinners that need to be brought to the light of God and follow their specific religion in order to get out of the situation they are in. The root of the problem isn't lack faith in God, it's lack of a system that works to prevent people from getting into situations where they need charity.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The two best are the YMCA and the YWCA- both great examples of great Christian based charlities!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• that every person that has fallen on hard times is in that position because they lack faith in God

very untrue sterotype.
    Anonymous

• there are lots.. what a lot of people don't see however are the businesses that help donate as well. Churches are well known for the charity.. look at WIC for example. Our schools help with community donations a lot as well. But it's not nearly as advertised as some other organizations. Right now our business is raising money for people in Haiti. But we also do A LOT of fundraising for our community. (note: I'm not basing the churches for being charitable.. just saying that we should recognize everyone and every organization that takes the time to be so thoughtful and helpful)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010