Do you think you lost yourself to being a mommy?

I mean obviously life changes when you are mom, but do you get so wrapped up and busy that you've forgotten who you are and what you like? Or do you have it together and are able to balance you with your busy mommy lifestyle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YUP :)
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 6:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I was 16 when I had my dd... am now 25 with 3 kids, and almost a recluse.... YES, I have completely lost myself. I go out into society and am put off by people in general, and find them to be ignorant, hurtful, stupid creatures that I have no use for in my personal life. Kind of wish I could still be the social butterfly that I once was.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• absolutly - given the chance to have a break I wouldnt even know what to do :(
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I was for the first five years but now I juggle both pretty well. We make a point to go out and vacation and still live. It has made a world of difference but now the kids can wipe their own butts! Lol.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well, I've been a mom for 25 years. In those 25 years, I have had 3 sons. I found that I continued to do the things I enjoyed and taught my sons to like the some of the same things I enjoyed. My husband and my sons have "guy" things they like. We have family things we like. I enjoyed doing the things that my sons were interested in. Through it all, I tried to grow as a person and learn new things. I think I just call this - life.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No, I think I'm a better version of myself. Granted, we waited 4 years to try and then it took 4 1/2 years to finally have DD, so having been married for a long time and having my career very stable helped. I know exactly who I am and I feel like I've been a mom for many years before I had my own child. Maybe that helps.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 7:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• yup, everyday i think of htings like this!!!!! its sad but at the end of the day/week/month/year, what a reward to yourself it is.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 7:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I have a 9 and 5 yr old. My dh and i have been married for 14 yrs. I am a person who has pretty much known who she is most of her life but I don't have time for myself anymore. I adore my family and I have a lot of trouble managing my time. I have almost decided that I'm sorrta slow or a slow mover.Whatever it is I have a lot of trouble finding the time for everything. My kids keep my head spinning. Someday though,I will have some time to focus on me again and I can't wait!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do. Especially as they are getting older. I used to paint, sew, do paper crafts, woodworking. Not much any more. Now it's doctors appointments (for them and me), help with school work, that kind of stuff.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yes. I draw a blank when people ask me what my hobbies are now. I used to have a list of things that I loved. Now, all my passion and drive in life is put into my kids and husband. Which is good, but I've lost my essence in the mix of it all. This is a good question. I really didn't realize it until answering it. Maybe it'll change when I start my jewelry business.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2010