Have you ever heard of Pine-Sol addiction?

Has anyone heard of an addiction to Pine-Sol? Like making excuses to clean with it. Or sniffing the fumes throughout the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• That sounds like an addiction. I am not sure what the chemicals are doing to your brain, but I would be careful!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• that's probably considered huffing. it is an addiction.
    Anonymous

• Omgoodness that stuff smells so good! If I walk through the cleaner aisle while shopping I have to open a bottle and get a whiff. I used to clean everything with it but changed over to a private line of cleaners...I haven't cleaned with it in a while, but when I did, I'd pour a ton in the toilet and just let it sit and smell up the whole house (only when everyone else was gone!). I really want to go buy a bottle now, lol! It's one smell that makes my mouth literally water! But it's been quite a while since I smelled it. Can't say I consider it an addiction though, as it hasn't truly bothered me to not use it anymore.
    Anonymous

• The smell of Pine-Sol makes me sick. It always makes me think of a hospital or morgue. Like someone is trying to cover up something horrible.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i hate pine-sol, it is sooo toxic and gives me the worse head ache... anyone is deff addicted if they sniff it or clean all the time as you are saying!
    Heart_Hopes

Answer by Heart_Hopes at 12:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Pinesol is highly toxic; it is deadly to pets; OSHA requires notification to employees if it is being used. I would never have it in my home.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• When i was pregnant I could not get enough of that smell. I actaully craved it. I cleaned with it almost everyday.
    I laughed when i saw this post cause i thought i was completely nuts. Some people crave crazy foods while pregnant, i craved the smell of pinesol.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 8:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• yes it is actually much more common than u might believe it all started when i too was very curious what brought this "craving" over me when i was pregnant it started when i was about 7 months pregnant and picked up a bottle of pine-sol instead of the normal cleaner i use.. it was on sale or something.. dont quite remember.. well ever since that day i have been wanting to smell it i do not know what came over me... my mouth gets watery just thinking of it and i keep a bottle even in my car.. when i was still pregnant i would not 'huff' it but would clean very often just so i could smell it in the air but it got worse to the point where i had to ask others about it .. and someone told me about PICA (look it up) and that the craving to things other then food might have something to do with being anemic or have some kind of iron difficiency....
    cristytristan

Answer by cristytristan at 9:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2010