Christians: How do you feel when another "Christian" bashes other faiths and beliefs? How do you feel when they bash you for not being a good Christian?

I am a Christian and have been bashed here on CM for not being a "GOOD" enough Christian. Somehow I don't remember where in the bible it tells us to hate and attack others because they don't believe what we do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It makes me want to point out that a "True" Christian doesn't judge or point fingers, that a "true" Christian doesn't bash anyone or act with a prideful attitude. A "true" Christian acts with love, compassion, respect, grace, and humility....

Which only proves that every Christian has something they need to work on, because no one is perfect, and therefore we should be more concerned with our own spirituality than with the faith of others.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• AMEN to that! Why can't we just love and support one another in doing the best we can? We will be judged later, individually for our own choices. Judge not, lest ye be judged! :) It's sad people have to be that way.
    Anonymous

• I don't like it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• it's a bit irritating when people say that i'm in a cult and that i'm being brainwashed, but for the most part, i just brush it off. God sees it all and knows the condition of the heart. I try not to let it get to me.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I don't think we should bash others. I think correction with love is a good thing. It is important to be humble enough to receive a gentle and loving correction. The Bible says that a fool despises correction, but a wise person will listen to it. Correction should always be accompanied by encouragement. To build up the person into all that God has planned for them, so we can all grow more and more.

I am sorry that you have been bashed for not being a "good enough" Christian. That only discourages, which is what the enemy wants. God builds us up through correction, through love and grace.

When someone says something to me that is a rebuke, I pray about it and see if there is any truth to it. If not I ignore it and forget about it (I don't hold it against the person either). If there is truth to it, and it still hurt my feelings, I pray and ask God to help me improve in that area and help me to get over my hurt feelings.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I laugh at them and ask them if they feel better now that they've thrown the first stone :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• cinnamonmom, that is true about correction. The prob with that is that usually both parties feel that they are correct and it ends up into a bash fest, it shouldnt but it usually does. I'm a JW, I dont think its right to celebrate holidays with pagan origins, but some people feel that I'm wrong. Thats when things seem to go wrong.
    Anonymous

• it makes me ashamed to call myself a christian unfortunately the majority of the "christian" population out there has a "get saved or go to hell" attitude forgetting that faith is very private, it is alright to encourage eachother and to love one another in the way christ loves us but to force christianity on someone doesnt please god in the slightest I would stand VERY clear of anyone who was telling me I wasnt a good enough christian (because sadly I used to be one of those "you arent being a good enough christian" person and looking back I hate that person) where a person is at with God is their business and it is personal and private to pry in to someones spiritual life is teh equivelant of setting up a video camera in their bedroom in my eyes, it disgusts me. As far as other religions go faith of some kind is better than no faith at all and I know ONE of us HAS to be wrong so I just pray it isnt me
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• As a Catholic, I have learned to live with it and even embrace it. I know I they are least paying attention if they care enough to post and bash.
    Anonymous

• It truly makes me sad. God calls us to a higher standard. We are NOT to judge - that is for God alone to do. We are to LOVE our neighbor and spread the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ to the ends of the Earth.

I know there are those who see me as 'not good enough' because I have a tattoo, piercings, listen to secular music, watch tv, spank my son, am a sahm, wear makeup, drink margaritas............... but God knows my heart! I know I am saved by HIS grace!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2010