Co Sleepers Question

My baby is due in February and we are buying a co sleeper to go in our room. I have only seen two co sleepers and I am wondering if there are others out there. I can't have one that goes in our bed because we don't have the room. So far I have found one at Babies R Us. It's the Baby Trend Co Sleeper/Play Yard. It's cute, but according to the reviews the baby only fits in it for 2 or 3 months. They also complained about the mattress being way too hard with ridges in it because it folds up for portability.
The second one i looked at was the Arms Reach Co Sleeper. But, others have stated that it is cheaply built, and the mattress is really lumpy because it also folds up. So, I'm curious if anyone knows of other types of co sleepers that don't go in your bed, but rather beside it. I have a bassinet, but I want the baby to be beside me.

CaptivatedByGod

Asked by CaptivatedByGod at 6:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper and LOVED it. I don't think it was cheaply made either. The mattress does have the lines in it, but your baby won't notice. I recommend it to everyone I know having a baby.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Can you put other sheets on it? Just curious about that one. And thanks!
    CaptivatedByGod

Answer by CaptivatedByGod at 7:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• You can't put other sheets on it, but we have an arms reach as well and like it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yeah, you could use playpen sheets.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Side car a crib. You *may* find that a co-sleeper isn't all that convenient, though. My babies always fell asleep in my arms so a co-sleeper would never have been practical. We sleep 4 in a queen size bed.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• :) We sleep 4 in a Queen sized bed too!! I thought we were the only ones on earth!! Haha. We tried the side car thing for a while. You can take the side off a crib, adjust it to be level with your bed, and let your baby sleep in it until he/ she can roll over, etc. Then you may want to figure out something else. We did that with my dd when she was 2 & our ds was born.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 10:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2010