we are thinking about moving-

to florida- which areas are best? we are getting so tired of nj and we were talking about going to florida but we dont know which area is best- any ideas?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• i live in sarasota its nice, near the beach, lots of parks & malls & great schools. have u visited any of the areas in FL? what made u decide that FL is for u?
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I lived in Jacksonville for a little over 3 years while I was in the Navy. Personally, I would never choose to live in FL again. It was way too hot and humid. Insurance is high. Although NJ insurance might be high anyway, so you may not see much of a difference. We live in SC now - which I don't like the heat and humidity here, either - but the insurance is way lower. Our car insurance went down almost to 1/2 what it was in FL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• st johns county has great schools, duval county schools not so good
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My mom recently moved to Sebring. She really likes it there. It's 1/2 way between Orlando and Ft Lauderdale. I personally like Ft Lauderdale. There's no building on the beach front, so you can drive down the road and actually see the ocean. It isn't blocked by big condos. The beaches are nice, there are lots of nice places to eat and shop, and it is less of a "tourist" town.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 10:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• my fiance has family down there who wants us down there and so my fiance was saying it would be nice but the choice is between florida, north carolina and texas so its not definite where well be going yet
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Don't move until at least one of you has a job. The job market there is awful.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2010