Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need to know fast!

can i claim my son if i am a single stay at home mom?? no one else is going to claim him, i had a friend tell me that i can. but i havent worked in like 2 years. i dont know what to do. please if you know tell me so i can get it taken care of

Answer Question

Asked by krstqt123 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Well regardless of your income you can file taxes... Just some people under a CERTAIN income arent required to file taxes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • You also wont qualify for certain tax credits.. Because your income has to be soo much to qualify, and cant top over a certain amount as well.

    Answer by Itsonono at 7:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • Just call H&R block or the IRS they can tell you everything you need to know

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • if your income is 0 you cant file taxes, you didnt pay any, who do you live with that you dont work?
    maybe they could claime him and give you the $ they get for doing it

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.