Baby hiccuping too much? Or is it not hiccups

I keep feeling this steady light beat every second and I dunno if it's her having the hiccups or her bumping up against my stomach or something. If she is hiccuping she has been hiccuping a lot and I'm worried about her. I want to know that she's okay. I'm 31 weeks and she seems lower than before. My mom noticed that my stomach has dropped. What does that mean?

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL she's fine, they do that. Both my kids would hiccup several times a day, sometimes for hours. My son was funny because he would get mad when he had the hiccups and I would have "Alien baby" in my tummy. My hub and I used to just watch him do sommersalts, cheap entertainment. Now my daughter never moved from the spot she was in so when she had the hiccups she would bump up against my ligaments, and that would hurt after a while. But when you are pregnant and are concerned about ANYTHING it's always a good idea to call your OB, you won't sound stupid or anything, that's what they are there for. Not only to ensure you have a healthy baby but also to ease momma's mind. Best of luck sweets, you will love being a mommy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Totally normal! It means she's practicing her breathing! Yay! She's getting prepared to come out!
    Here are some Q&As about fetal hiccups :)
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal-for-my-baby-to-be-hiccupping-in-the-womb_2647.bc
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The thing we say about my son is the more he hiccups the smarter he is getting. :) But your baby is fine. My son was a non stop mover and hiccuper when i was prego.
    EthansMommy1120

Answer by EthansMommy1120 at 5:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010