Clomid and Ovulation - what is the next step if it doesn't work?

I've been on Clomid - to induce ovulation. This month the rx was doubled to 100mg/day for cycle days 5-9. I SHOULD be ovulating, but the Clearblue easy test shows no signs of ovulation - (no spike in LH).

My progesterone is very low also. What would you suggest as the next step?

anyone had these problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes. I had to take 150 to get an ovulation. Are you working with a fertility specialist? I started Clomid with my OB, but I would suggest seeing a specialist- they deal with this more often. We had 150 of Clomid plus insemination (to up the chances) and got pregnant. After clomid doesn't work, you probably will move onto fertility shots, which are more expensive and give much higher chances of multiples, so you are monitored much more closely. PM me if you want some more info about my journey!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 7:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010