Would you be jealous?

I am curious if you had two kids that were a complete handful and your bro and sil had two angels would you be a bit jealous??? I am. I can't help it. My kids are wired 24/7. They would stay up all night long each and every night if I did not give them their sleeping aid(natural/holistic). They do not initate things such as teeth brushing or getting dressed for bed. I have to push them to get things started and finished. As you guessed they both have ADHD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's entirely natural to have some form of jealousy or envy. It's human nature. My friend just brought her daughter home from the hospital (literally a week ago) and she already sleeps through the night and is only fussy when it's time to eat. My daughter, who is 2 months old, still wakes up every 3 hours and has days where she just wants to scream and yell and fuss. I envey my friend greatly. The important thing is that you love your kids, tantrums and all. Also, I find mommy time to be an important thing if you plan on keeping your sanity. When my baby girl has had a day where she's screamed her lungs out, as soon as my husband (or anyone for that matter) can spare 15-20 minutes, I hand her over and take a nice long bubble bath or read a book. Something just for me. Good luck in everything and I know it'll get better for you. :)
    Kianas_mommy

Answer by Kianas_mommy at 12:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Well I don't know about jealousy, but envious maybe. I had one of each, and easy child and demon spawn lol. I've been on both sides of the coin lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No, I don't think so. I'd love my own so much that their having well-behaved cousins would be fine. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I think I would jokingly offer to trade them kids for a day lol, but I would just look at this way: God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Obviously you are the kind of person that has enough love and patience within you to care for not one, but two children with ADHD. Your brother and sister in law would probably curl up in the corner sucking their thumbs if they had to deal with that. You should be proud of yourself and not jealous at all. The tougher the challenge, the bigger the reward.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm pretty sure I would... because I am. I think it's a normal feeling and that's not saying we don't love our kids, only that there are parts that we wish we could improve. My daughter has ADD and although she's not bouncing off the walls, she is very repetitive and her social skills aren't where I wish they were. BUT... when I do feel that jealousy bug, I find the good things and I just have to think about them.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• my kids ARE hyperactive compared to other children, but I wouldn't say that I am jealous. I don't have to use anything to make them go to sleep at night or anything like that, but they are very very active compared to others. It's more tough for me and sometimes I wish they would just sit still, but their little personalities are just so sweet and charming. My kids are adorable and lovable. Everywhere they go, they attract attention to themselves because they are so outgoing. I wouldn't trade my kids in for the world, but I can definately say that they drive me crazy and make me want to pull out my hair at times.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I love my niece and nephew but we call them Barbie and Ken bc they are so perfect. I wouldn't trade my three live wires for them or anyone else. My kids rock even though they drive me nuts sometimes.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well my kids are great. But if my kids were not so good and I knew someone who had well behaved kids I would be taking notes from them to see if there is something I can use to help me out a little.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010