nail cuttimg

whats a way to cut your baby's nails?? my son is 4 months and I get nervous to cut them even with the baby clippers cause he gets all fussy and squirmy. I am scared I will cut him!

Benjamin_Nathan

Asked by Benjamin_Nathan at 7:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I DID cut my son the first time I did it so I avoid that now. I file them with a baby nail file. Its easier for us and he actually likes it!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Some may think it is completely gross but I would bite them off at that age.

Anonymous

• i always and still do use a nail file,they have them for little babies too. u can file his nails when he is sleeping.but i do use nail clipers on her toes though
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I either do it while my daughter is sleeping or when I am holding her and she's being really calm. Sleepy but not tired enough to be fussy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• With my daugher she just sits still, but with my nephew, my sister used to wait til he was sleeping and do it then. Not sure how well it works, but it's an idea.
    sallygrl02

Answer by sallygrl02 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I always cut my daughters nails while shes nursing. The 1 time i did accidentally cut her she didnt even unlatch,
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• When she was a few months old, I would do it on one of her rare naps. Now, at 11 months, she still is not much of a napper, i just sit her on my lap and fight with her for about 5 mins till they are cut. If my husband is home, he can usually distract her long enough to at least get one hand done with no problems. I have never cut her.

The best way to do it I find is when they are sleeping and doing it from behind so the nails are in the same position as your nails are when you trim yours. Less likely to cut them because it is natural for you to do it that way.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I used to cut my dd's nails while they were nursing and almost asleep. It took some practice to position everything right, but that was the easiest for me.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010