What happens after someone has a bond hearing for violating a restraining order?

Today my stepdaughter's ex boyfriend had a bond hearing for violating a restraining order against her. He got out on a PR bond. Now I know we have a trial for this. But is this a jury trial? Do we need witnesses along with all the evidence that we have. We haven't been able to talk to our victims advocate about it yet, and will be doing so soon. But does anyone know what we will have to do. And we just found out that he made a threat to kill my husband(my stepdaughters dad), so we are going to report that when we can take the witness in that heard it, which will hopefully be tomorrow. This is all really frustrating and scary. What do we need to expect????

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 7:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• He won't get a jury trial until he requests one. They normally will try to get him to take a plea. Jury trials are expensive so they try to settle before it gets that far. I would take whatever I have but the Prosecuting Attorney should have been given all the evidence before now. Take the witness with you or a sworn affidavit if they can't go to court.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• p.s. it's possible they will just lay it over and for sure they will lay it over if he demands a jury trial.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010