Yes i can take a joke about my own religion/faith

no i am not insecure in my faith.
no i am not hateful of Christianity or any other religion.

Are you secure in your faith (whatever you are)? Can YOU take a joke about it?
Would you like to share your Pagan jokes with me? I'd really love a laugh.

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• from: Beliefnet.com Joke of the Day

BAD JOKE DISCLAIMER: We recognize that religious humor can be risky. It is our hope that by laughing at ourselves (and others) we can make this subject more approachable. If you find any of these objectionable, we apologize. As with most jokes, the original authors are unknown - but we thank them.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• yes you love drama and attention

there is a difference between a joke and flat out bashing.
    Anonymous

• Are you secure in your faith (whatever you are)? Yes, I am very secure.

Can YOU take a joke about it? when talking to others who know me and share my faith no problem. Often do in fact.

Would you like to share your Pagan jokes with me? No, I am not pagan and I would find it in very poor taste and horrible cruel of me to be so awful and mean to post a joke or anything that is geared at making fun of a group that I am not part of it. IMO, that is just the low of the low.

When I was a child I was constantly teased and made fun of because I am a minority and I lived in a white area. I was told to laugh at myself a little more they are my friends and only joking.
    Anonymous

• I would think you could. I mean your "signature" Faithful4ever would imply you're a Christian and you were the one that posted the cosmic jewish zombie definition of Christianity.

I'm atheist and posted the atheist one of nothing coming from nothing, so I'll let you decide. LOL
    Though I did mention on the other post that it helps to know your audience since some things can be mistaken.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I liked both of them... I'm Atheist and laughed my ass off about the one of my lack of faith. I think most Christians take things WAY to seriously and need to lighten up. In the other post, I didn't see any Atheists making a big stink about our joke.
    Anonymous

• hey, if you can't laugh at yourself....some people are easily offended and too serious. ''laughter is good for the soul'', says the adage. however, it does become a 'yo mamma' fight sometimes, so i'd agree with the pp that you need to consider all eyes/ears, unless you just don't care to be whipped for the funny.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It really depends on the joke. If a joke indicates that I lack intelligence because of what I believe, or generalizes Christians as hypocrites, I don't think it's very funny. If a joke discredits God, I don't like it. However, there are all kinds of cliches and euphemisms in Christianity that are just cheesy and annoying (like people using "thees" and "thous" and big words no one understands!), I don't mind making fun of those! I think there's always something to have a healthy laugh at! My DH is a pastor, and we have to laugh a lot to keep our sanity sometimes!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I think there is a difference between making jokes about atheism because there is nothing sacred or holy that you are smearing. I still wouldn't do it out of respect, unless I was really close to the atheist. I can ignore jokes that offend me. I just think people need to realize that the whole Zombie Jesus thing is not just offensive to people (that isn't the reason why people get upset because it is okay to disagree) but it takes the Holy things of God and makes fun of them.

It is sacrilegious.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i laugh and make jokes about my religion all the time, the only time i hate it is when people are serious about the things that are being said.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Learn to laugh at yourself. I never understood this. I have a sister that loves this phrase. I can't stand it. If you are to laugh at yourself than that means the you are the butt of the joke. At my wedding shower we played a game and everyone introduced them self and said one thing about me. A cousin stood up and said she is related to me because the devil played a joke on her. My sister laughed so loud I think my crystal vase cracked. A few others gave a polite laugh but I was not laughing.

She told me "lighten up" and "Oh come one it was just a joke" Needless to say she was not allowed to give a toast at the wedding. Why should I have to laugh at her rude joke? I can laugh at myself, but I didn't think that was funny. She might not care if someone said that about her but why do I have to laugh when I don't like being refered to as the invention of the devils joke?
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2010