Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

last night my 6mo old DS hit me in the eyeball with his finger tips and it is still very red and stings should i wate it out or go to the dr?


Asked by cokalea at 10:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I have worked for an eye doctor since 1984 the only thing that will help an eye pain is Advil don't ask why cause I don't know but I have a re-occuring scratch on my cornea I have to put a pressure patch on it take an advil and take a nap for about an hour your eye will heal or get better if you do this. The reason for the nap is even with a pressure patch (some cotton balls and gauze with tape over it) on your hurt eye everytime your other eye moves so does the hurt one and it rubs against your eyelid and keeps it irritated. Try this and see if it will help if it don't help within trying it a few times I would go ahead and make an appointment to see an eye doctor. Good Luck.

    Answer by Beverely at 5:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

  • I think you will be alright, If you have some eye saline try squirting some of that in there, But I hope it gets better:o)

    Answer by emturner at 10:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • I would flush it often. If it continues to hurt in a few days then go. There is not much they can do unless he actually cut the surface of your eye.

    Answer by sapient at 10:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • He may have scratched your eye a little. There's nothing the doctor can do. Just try not to touch it so it doesn't get infected. If it does get infected, you'll know... it will sting A LOT & you'll have goo coming out of it.

    Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2008