Did anyone just know they were going to give birth real soon?

Did anyone just know they were going to give birth soon? Or did they have any signs before they went into labor? If so what were they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• uhm i was at work when i just started to slow down really quick. and it was hard for me to walk from my station to the bathroom and it seemed like i had to go every couple of minutes. went home and three hours later went to the hospital and popped out a baby! the days before it i felt like my belly was extremely heavy too, but that's just me.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 8:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I just new. With both my girls I got really tired the day before and slept alot. So glad I listened to my body.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• my mom knew with me she kept my brothers home from school and her and my dad and brothers headed to the hospital and right when they were going to send her home her water broke and i was born 4 hours later
    Anonymous

• I knew from about Saturday that it was inevitable ( i was just 35 weeks with premature rupture of membranes). Labor progressed real slowly, and he was born thursday.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• :-) yeah. I had a feeling that Friday when I left work (DS was born at 36w6d) that I would not be returning, and jokingly told my coworkers so. That Monday morning at about 2am I woke up with a weird feeling. I went to the restroom (which I did frequently throughout the night, ofcourse), but something didn't FEEl right. Pretty sure that my water had broken, I took a shower (in anticipation on the long hospital stay, I wanted to be fresh and clean going in atleast!). In the shower my water DEFINITELY broke! So yeah, long before contractions started I had a FEELING something was going to happen, before my water even broke. Contractions started MILDLY on the way to the hospital around 6 am, then really started in around 8:30. DS was born at 2:59pm. :-)
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• ok, i was pregnant when i was 18 and my best friend had spent the nite with me.She was a mary tyler moore freak,she loved the show.When i went into labor the next night she freaked out saying she knew I was going to go into labor because I had grunted in my sleep all night the night before.(She said I woke her up)Apparently on the show Mary was pregnant and her husband told her she grunted all night before she went into labor.Coincidence or not?
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 12:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2010