When did you realize that you were getting old?

I work with kids and today I made a reference to pebbles from The Flinstones. A room full of teens had no clue what I was talking about. Then I asked them if they knew the Jetsons, or Rodger Rabbit, or the Animaniacs and none of them knew them... It was the first time that I have ever really felt old!

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when the kids that were born the year I graduated,were graduating themselves!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I had a baby four months ago, and I think my complexion as aged ten years since then. My body is fatter and saggy-er. I looked in the mirror and it struck me really hard that I wasn't ever going to be 19 again. You know, we women are always telling ourselves we're gonna get in shape, get healthy hair and nails, get more beautiful.... I suddenly realized It was gonna take a lot more effort to be beautiful, and that makes me sad, but it's a fact of life :(. At least my focus is more on my baby now than on myself as before. I know that's not really what you're asking, maybe, but that's my story.....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• When I was talking about music (the song "Brickhouse") with my kids and how I had a certain "album" by the Commodores.

Mom what is an album? I went into the garage and pulled out my box of LP's (vinyl records). I also found some 8 track apes in the box as well. My kids had NEVER seen those before, ever! LOL! They thought it was cool to see them though. We went through my collection of the Jackson 5, Stylistics, Rick James, etc. It was fun to remember the "Old School" music.
    Anonymous

• Everytime I pull a car over and the driver was born in the 1990s....ugh lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• lmao.. well i know all of those does this mean im old too :(
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I haven't had that realization yet.. LOL
    (I'm in my 40's)..........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• When the kids I used to babysit started university.

Also, when I went to Old Navy recently and noticed they were selling jeans with ankle zippers. Been there, done that.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 10:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm 35 and that realization had not hit me yet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• When the dark circles under my eyes made me look like I went 10 rounds and I lost. The Animaniacs were the greatest!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• When young moms here on cafemom insinuated that music from the 80's were oldies!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010