I would like to know how you ladies define co-parenting, in your own way.

I have my thoughts, but I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say that it is when 2 parents who do not live together raise their children together in a cooperative way having 1 set of rules for the chid or children instead of rules here and rules there, that way they have a consistent life.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I agree but they don't HAVE to live together. Just two responsible adults who have a common goal for their children.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• okay examples though, I want to hear examples on what you or someone you know does to co-parent.
    Anonymous

• Two people raising a child or children together, both being equally involved in said child/children's lives and in decision making regarding said child/children. I've gotten a laugh a few times when at parent-teacher conferences, a teacher would show a bit of surprise that my hubby would be there also. He's told a number of teachers, etc that "our kids have TWO parents"....LOL
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• A very good friend of mine and her ex husband still live together with their teenage sons and raise them together.. They raise them just as they always did when they were married. They are both involved parents, and share the discipline and the responsibilities.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010