Have you had a Staph infection?

What antibiotic did you take? How long did you take it? I know that most strains of Staph are penicillin resistant. I don't have health insurance and I want to buy the antibiotics online. I know a friend of mine was prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate but I can't take that while breastfeeding.

BTW I KNOW that I should see a doc but I can't afford one so please don't suggest it. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• If the staph is on the skin (a lot of acne infections are staph strains) you can use colloidal silver soap and a salt scrub to kill the infection. You have to wash the area 3 times daily and soak it in salt 3 times daily.

If it's internal, that's pretty scary stuff. If you can get to the health dept, there is probably something they can do for free. let them know you are breast feeding. You can keep your supply going for 10 days even if you have to pump and dump and feed formula. The La Leche League in your area might be able to advise you on nursing while on meds.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• by not going to a dr. for a staph infection, you know you can DIE right? Every city I've ever lived in has had walk in clinics for people without insurance. Also if it's not a staph infection and you take random online ordered antibiotics for it, you risk catching a resistant strain of staph from taking antibiotics when not needed.
    you are breast feeding an infant, think about your child! do you really want to leave him/her without a mother just because you took some random online meds for something you don't even know you have or not???

Anonymous

• i had a MRSA staph infection in my c-section incision. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!
    it got so bad i couldn't walk i was in so much pain, i ended up in the hospital for two days on morphine and antibiotics.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• A staph infection is a highly contagious blood poisoning. You can die if left untreated. You should go to the ER. They have to treat you. I once spent a week in the hospital because of a staph infection.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• If it is MRSA you need to take your meds. A friend of a friend's wife stopped taking hers, and she died.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010