Chris Matthews forgot Obama was black during his speech?

"I forgot he was black" said Matthews, as he watched Obama's first State of the Union address.

So, normally, this liberal only sees Obama as a black man, instead of just a man? What more can this idiot say to bury himself???

How come no one tears him apart for this?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/28/chris-matthews-saying-forgot-obama-black-state-union/

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 9:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Are Chris Matthews and Harry Reid related?! LOL :o)

"Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada, who reportedly said Obama would become America’s first black president because he is a “light-skinned” African-American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/news/moving_america_news/15525

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• HAHA LoriKeet!

Maybe that tingle up his leg went to his head!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Just like West Point is the enemy! this guy is off his rocker!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• All I can say is wow. I would love to think that the man meant that he sees no color, but rather a man, but after watching...please.

Personally, the first thing that came to mind was, why does it have to be so shocking that he has accomplished something AND is African American? That is kinda insulting, but hey that's freedom of speech. Besides if you are looking for an outrage here on CafeMom about it, you might as well look somewhere else. The majority of this site are Caucasian women. The only thing that would have made his comment workable here is if it were Obama talking about a white man.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I wouldnt' jump to the conclusion that he meant it in a racist way like the other people in the article did. I would think that he wasnt' thinking about race for the time he was talking.
    Anonymous

• Did he say that he didnt' think black people were intelligent? I see everyone jumping to conclusions here.
    Anonymous

• anon - he insinuated

Anonymous

• ANON....you had me until the "nice speech" part!! LOL :o)

Did you LISTEN to the SOTU last night? I'm surprised he (or Biden and Pelosi) could keep a straight face! Excerpts from the NYTimes:

"...And that’s why we’ve excluded lobbyists from policy-making jobs or seats on federal boards and commissions."

"Well I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, and worse, by foreign entities." (he might want to check out where all of those little PayPal donations came from!)

"You have trimmed some of this spending and embraced some meaningful change. But restoring the public trust demands more....I’m calling on Congress to publish all earmark requests on a single website before there’s a vote so that the American people can see how their money is being spent."

***
    Too little, to late, Barry!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Wow - I'm conservative, and I don't honestly think Chris Mathews is a fair representative of all Liberals...I mean, it seems he's ultra- hyper-focused on race...usually though he's just calling everyone who ever disagrees with him racist.
    Anonymous