oK we are living in the last days and the last day is 1000 long

I read this but I can't find any information about this. How many days are there, and why is a day 1000 years long? did it take 7000 for God to create us? was there a 1000 years of rest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Only man banks on time. The calanders are all jacked up from the original organized time, anyway. A day, a year, a century...all the same. NO ONE knows when the "last days" are. Hell, no one even knows how long Earth has been around!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• which question did you answer? I was asking about something particular so which of the few questions I asked did you answer? Did I say anyone knows when the last days are? Did I say I have to bank on time? I asked because I wanted to know. Now do you KNOW the answers or just want to troll
    Anonymous

• I am not quite sure what you are asking.

If you are asking where the 1000 day reference comes from it comes from here:

2 Peter 3:8-9 (New International Version)

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Now many Christians have taken that verse and attempted to use it to explain everything from the Creation to End Times. For example, saying that each creation "day" was really a thousand years, or attributing them to end time prophecies. Neither are really biblical.

The truth is, unless you interpret the Bible literally, no one knows how long it took God to create the earth, or when it will end.
    AissasMom

Answer by AissasMom at 10:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• well, i'm not trolling...but i will say, if you're looking for biblical scripture to tell you exactly how long a day is, or how long the last days will be or when it will start, when is the end of the world..it all pretty much sums it up in matthew 24:36, ''No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.''
    many people believe we are living in the 'last days'..however, they've probably thought that since the ascension, IMO. only God knows when anything will happen, so enjoy your life as it is..love God, your neighbor, and do the will of the Father (if you are xtian). be glad you have an eternal hope/home..but enjoy the gifts of life and love right now!

thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It's from Peter that compares the time...I personally don't get too hung up on the exact earth-hours of things here. For one it uses the word "LIKE" unto a day rather than "is exactly in God's time"

Also, numbers in the Old Hebrew Culture had very strong symbolism tied with them; this is a fun nerdy link to learn more about that:

http://home.earthlink.net/~walterk12/HIB/HebrewSymbols.html

Anonymous

• well DAMN, maybe you should have specified!
    You want answers, but you are not asking a clear question.
    I answered your second question. As for the others, maybe you should as GOD! None of us was there.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We have been in the last days since the book of acts. Yes day to God is a thousand here.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8

I think the point of this is that time is relative to God, not necessarily as it relates to the end times.

Maybe what you're thinking of is the day-for-a-year principle? Sorry I can't find the text for that right now, but as I understand it, many theologians believe that when God gave a prophecy in days, it was actually years, like the 2300 day (year) prophecy in Daniel 8, which gives a time frame earth's history before the coming of the Messiah. It actually fits really amazingly with historical events such as the rebuilding of Jeruselem, the birth, ministry, and death of Jesus, and the stoning of Steven (first Christian Martyr). This indicates not WHEN the end will be, but when the beginning of the end will be....
    http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/2300.ht
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• : Shaneagle777We have been in the last days since the book of acts. Yes day to God is a thousand here.

how do you get this?

to everyone else, I don't believe this I just want to know why others do. It is really that bad to know how others think?
    Anonymous

• The truth is, unless you interpret the Bible literally, no one knows how long it took God to create the earth, or when it will end.

I don't take the bible literally. I had heard this and wanted to understand why some people think this. i don't understand why the last days since act, but I am sure I will get an explanation.
    Anonymous