Adult braces?

Do/have any of you mommas had braces as an adult? I'm 24, and I am considering getting braces. I have slightly crooked teeth on top, and even a tinier bit crooked on the bottom, nothing horrible or terrible, my husband thinks its cute..;) HA. friends "cant tell" but i know it. My parents weren't able to afford them when I was growing up, I had regular cleanings and fillings but braces weren't a must so I didn't get them..

ANYWAYS, my husband and I will be able to afford them, and insurance MAY cover some but if not, its okay, there are payment plans and such.

So, I was just wondering, have any of you ladies had braces SINCE having kids? or being an Adult?? Im not sure what I will be getting, nothing expensive but hopefully not the huge silver train tracks my husband had when we met as teens. HAHA

If you've had them, did you look soo younger? or have any people comment to you? Did it even correct them after so late?

Bran6903

Asked by Bran6903 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• I didn't have braces for the same reason you stated. My teeth aren't extremely crooked, but enough to have me disappointed and want to fix my smile. I want to get Invisalign, but it costs so much I'm hesistant to do it, even with a payment plan. I like the fact that you can take those off and brush and floss completely. I've heard a lot of people get caviities or gingivitis while wearing braces because they can't brush and floss properly with traditional braces.
    Anonymous

• My mom and I had braces at the same time. People always thought she was my older sister. She loved it. However, she kept getting strep every time we went to get our adjustments. I never got strep. So she had them taken off early after 3 straight months of strep throat.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i had the metal braces, don't get those, get invisalign, anon is right about the cavities and such, i had three from where i could get under the braces good enough and had to pay more to get those fixed!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2010