why are things slowing down?

im 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and the past 2 weeks i had been having braxton hicks contractions every day all day. i would have them between 10-5 mins apart for hours long. i am now 3cm dilated. and told that i will probably deliver early if things keep up. but the past 3 days ive barley had any bhc! i still get them every day but not even close to what they were before. they were just starting to become stronger then the next day they slowed way down, and werent as strong. im so disappointed i feel like im going backwards instead of progressing closer to labor. why is this happening? is this normal??

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it is totally normal. I did this for weeks before my second was born. I even thought it was a the real thing a few times and then the next morning I would wake up with no contractions as all. It will happen soon! Congrats to you!! :)

MamaMulder

Answer by MamaMulder at 10:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2010