Teething tablets or Oral jel?

The tablets are cheaper in the store but i've been using oral jel and it seems to work really well.. unless she runs off with the tube and my house eats it and i have to run to the store after dinner for a new one...
Anyone have experience using both or one over the other? Did they work? I would like to try the tablets but I can't imagine getting her to eat 2 to three tablets.. She's 1 and a half

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 11:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We preferred the tablets. Surprisingly, they dissolve as soon as they touch saliva, before they even get a chance to chew them.
    The orajel worked ok, but made her drool a lot, and right before nursing it wasn't good for us because it made my nipples feel weird and dd also would bite more.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Motrin. forget all the rest. Ask your Dr. first though.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I recommend the Hylands teething tablets. Work great! Most peds do not even recommend orajel anymore bc it irriates the baby's rather than help. You can always give her a cold wash cloth to bite on. I would not be giving motrin unless absolutely necessary. Parent way over medicated their children these days.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt do motrin unless she started running a fever, but i never could bring myself to try the tablets, i bought them but never used them, ive always stuck to the jel along with cold chewy toys lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2010