I had a C-section 12 months ago, Will I ever get rid of this pouch (pop) Belly?

Asked by emturner at 10:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Health

• Well, I had a baby vaginally a year ago and I still have a saggy tummy. Other than losing weight and exercising (am down to pre-baby weight) there is not much you can do other than plastic surgery.

Answer by sapient at 10:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had a c-section 5 months ago and I have my tummy back and abs back. I had nice abs before pregnancy so it depends on what your tummy looked like before being pregnant but hey it's not hopeless you can get rid of the pooch without plastic surgery. :D

Answer by BlondeMom20 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had three c=sections and sadly never lost my weight from them! BUT the pouch went down after about a year, not all the way but my gf had a c-section and she lost her pouch all the way! depends on you and your build i think...
    I consider mine well earned! C

Answer by Caroline1380 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• a little tummy tuck would surely do the trick! LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I had my last one over 3 years ago and I was still very thick around the waist and tummy for me. (no c-section) I am very petite so any extra weight shows. I have been doing core excercises, some pilates with a physical therapist and everything is going down fast. I still have the loose skin but it is not noticeable under clothes anymore because my waist is so much slimmer from exercising. I think the loose skin gets a little better each year. Loreal has some creams that I have tried that make it look a bit better as well. Depending on how loose the skin is, there are alternatives to a tummy tuck. If you are really concerned ask a dermatologist maybe the new collagen stimulating laser treatments would be enough, but I would try the right exercises first.

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2008