Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Endometreosis? I'm worried. Do you have it? How does it feel?

Every four months I have two periods in a month. It hurts for days after sex. I go to the ER doubled over, with back pain, cramping, swollen and a lot of discharge. They never find infections, and they didn't see cysts on my ultrasound. They do pelvic exams and tell me I have heavy discharge(sorry tmi) but no infection. It makes me want to cry it hurts so bad. I use pain meds. The doctor this time told me he thinks I may have endometreosis. What is your experience and how do you manage it?


Asked by Steff107 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

Level 3 (16 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Steff,I have endo. Mine started out as pain in the overies(one side and then the other). I was taking a lot of pain releivers that caused me to get ulcers. My endo was a mystery for about three years till finally my bad periods (painful,heavy,clotting) got me to the point I was iron deficient animic. I was sleeping more and more,my immunity got down. I picked up a lung illness and it was not till then that I found out what it was. I had a high resolution ultral sound that picked up a lot of the cysts and things in my uterus. It was the doctor that read my u/s that said he was pretty sure it was endo. I went to a specialist that did the lap surgery. It was not untill he looked inside that we knew for sure the stage of the endo~stage 4. He told us that it had been going on for four years(a stage of progression for each year). There is no cure and they don't know what the cause is. You have to manage it. Cont.

    Answer by momthruivf at 9:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • my sister in law has it. she had pain too, and she finally went and had a procedure done to remove the cyst or something (had a little incision beneath her belly-button... sorry not too sure what went on) but she is doing much better now. good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • Google natural remedies, there is a special estrogen-free diet that will help. You need to avoid any foods containing estrogen, caffeine, sugars and white flour. Mine is nowhere near that severe though but the diet worked amazingly for me. If you aren't on the pill going on them will help regulate your hormones. The only way to diagnose it for sure is through laparoscopy, while they are in there they will remove any scar tissue they can but this is only temporary and in the long run will only add to the scar tissue. The only way to cure it is to have a complete hysterectomy, if you are not done having kids yet the pills and diet should help. My doctor and I have already discussed this and I know one day it's in my future, scary. I'm sorry to hear you've been in such pain I hope I've been at least somewhat helpful.

    Answer by Slinkee at 11:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • My tubes are tied, so I know eventually hysterectomy is a possibility, many women in our family have had them, but I never knew why.

    Answer by Steff107 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • This site is worth a read too I found a lot of info on here.

    Answer by Slinkee at 11:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • thanx

    Answer by Steff107 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • I had it. They gave me Synarel and it went away. It's expensive but it worked very well for me.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

  • In addition to dietary changes, don't use tampons

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • Cont.~It is scar tissue that is like a webbing that grows in the uterus AND can grown outside the uterus as well. It can grown around the bowls and other organs if left un treated. My re told me that the only options are the lap surgery or a hysterectomy. I choose the lap surgey but in a couple years I will need to make a decision all over again. You really should go see your GYN. Best Wishes ((huggs))

    Answer by momthruivf at 9:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

Next question in Health
anyone ever look pregnant and isnt?

Next question overall (Pets)
Miniature Pinscher