false memories??

Sometimes I will tell my mom things about my childhood that I remember and she will say "that never happened, where do you come up with this stuff?" it makes me wonder if alot of the stuff I remember about my childhood is even real.. Why do I have "memories" that arent even real, anyone else have this..I know its weird but it makes me question reality sometimes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do you think your mom may be lying to you?
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• maybe they are real, and your mom doesnt remember.
    maybe they are from a past life
    Anonymous

• My mom insists some things didn't happen either....even things we have pics of. It's far more likely your mother has forgotten some things over the years than you having false memories.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Moms forget tjings as they get older. You can't remember every detail of everything. She probably either forgot or she's just messing with your head
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yeah, the mom thing is most likely .. but for somethings its possible you had a dream, or an imaginary friend or something.. for young children the line of real life and fantasy isn't really there so anything is possible and they really believe it to be true..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Could be many reasons.. I'm a strong believer in past lives
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My Mom has a selective memory when it comes to our childhood. When 5 brothers and sisters agree something DID happen we know Mom has grown to be an old lady that is just trying to get into heaven now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I am with the Moms with selective memories....you know she has a lot more to remember than you so a lot of memories prob wont be the same for you 2. you both saw it differently because you are 2 dif. people, and if she is anything like my Mommy well let's just toss it up to old.....reality is just how you/some one perceives it....unless you are the one who is crazy... I am kidding, you know your mom was a kid once to, she has her own memories and a lot of times those memories get smushed together...you are fine relax and try not to over think
    heather1381

Answer by heather1381 at 3:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2010