bedtime blues; any advice?

My son is 16 months old, hes been in his big boy bed for over a month now, he did so well sleeping in his bed until recently. Now all of a sudden he WILL NOT sleep - even if hes rubbing his eyes unbelievably tired he still wont sleep unless hes in our bed .. or im like rubbing his back while hes in his bed .. but still he will wake up periodically crying to get into our bed. And btw our beds are right next to each others so its not like hes in another room. I dont know. its just stressful trying to fight him to sleep every night. anyways .. thanks for any advice.

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my daughter I would put this plush rainbow under her pillow and told her it would give her nice dreams but she had to keep her head on the pillow or it wouldn't work! Worked like a charm. Two years later it still is. Pick a SAFE charm like a plush star(thin enough to put under a pillow comfortably)and let him know how very special it is and it's only for night time.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• aw, im def going to try that. that is adorable ! very creative momma !
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I let my daughter pick out new sheets and a pillow...that worked, I like what Stef107 said too!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Ha! She's so funny, she got all uppity the other night. She came out with her hands on her hips saying she needed her rainbow or she wasn't going to sleep another minute! Too funny, cute too!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2010