Best color for a dining room?

I cannot decide... It is a formal dining room ..used probably once a week or so ( mostly used for holidays and special occasions)... I want a color that would be easy to decorate for holidays ( I have alot of decore. for Halloween, Autumn, Christmas, spring/summer holidays) ..so I want it to be a color that can be easy to decorate with.

I thought about a deep red ( and then the bottom half of the walls would have this paneling/trimming..not sure what it is called, it usually comes in a white color, but I planned on doing it a cream color) ..I like these curtains ( advice on which ones also)
http://www.countrycurtains.com/product/100+curtains/102+tailored+curtains/010150481+colebrook+tailored+panel.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=3&filterby=#
( just the panels, not the valence..and it is a big "double" window)

The rest I will post in first commnt area

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ( this in the bittersweet) http://www.countrycurtains.com/product/100+curtains/102+tailored+curtains/010150168a+laurel+check+panel.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=8&filterby=

orrr... Maybe just solid color panels in a light color ( tanish?) ...

or keep looking?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I like light greens :)
    Heart_Hopes

Answer by Heart_Hopes at 11:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I do too...thats why my living room and the playroom are light greens lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I would keep it neutral.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Red. a Deep rich tone of red. Did you know it's a proven fact that red hues makes people hungry and eat more. Think about it next time you walk into a restaurant.. Blue does the opposite. Okay theres my trivia fact of the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Wainscoting is the stuff on the bottom.Deep red would be nice!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yeah Anon...I heard that about the reds...thats why I thought about it lol..thanks though..I didnt know about the blues...that was the other color I was considring..so I think I am definatly going with deep red...

and thank you too, TMJ... I am glad you told me that name, my husband couldnt figure out what i was talking about . lol.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010