Please tell me your reactions to this.

Many have an idea that they are responsible to Christ alone for their light and experience, independent of His recognized followers on earth. Jesus is the friend of sinners, and His heart is touched with their woe. He has all power, both in heaven and on earth; but He respects the means that He has ordained for the enlightenment and salvation of men; He directs sinners to the church, which He has made a channel of light to the world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is this a question? I dont get it.
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian but I don't understand your post. Is this from the bible?
    Anonymous

• No it is not from the bible it is from a book I want you guys to read it and tell me what you think of it please.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand exactly what you are asking. That paragraph seems like a flier I'd find on my windsheild or something that barely makes sense.
    Anonymous

• My understanding of what you wrote is that Jesus will allow us free will to make our own decisions and will not interfere. I find it kind of hard to believe that Jesus would just say....there ya go I died for you....you decide if you want to follow me, I will not try to influence you at all. :/
    Anonymous

• it seems to me that it says many only pray or worship jesus when they should be looking to church's and communities for outreach to further their enlightenment.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• ''light and experience''? what is that?
    in a way, yes, we are independent, apart from His other followers, as no one is responsible for my own salvation. 'if it is to be, it is up to me', to be saved.
    "but He respects the means that He has ordained for the enlightenment and salvation of men"--hoohoo?

whatever it is, its confusing and not completely right, seeing that we have no idea what the subject is, the context of the such.. (who is the author of confusion, kids??)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No reaction at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Wow. Um, I have no desire to read whatever book it is from. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• anon 21 why do you have no desire to read it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2010