Do you think you would still be friends with your CM friends if you met them in person?

Or do you think that some people have an online "persona" that is nothing like the person they really are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've met 2 ladies off here. They are both really nice & just like they are on here. I've known them both now for about 2 yrs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I also met someone here and then we met in real life for playdates, our daughters are now in dance together and we do playdates when we can. She is exactly like she is online. It has been 2 years now and I always enjoy getting together with her :)

I have met other moms from here and sometimes you find they are the same as online but your daily life doesnt mesh or you may not have enough in common to keep up the friendship strong outside of the internet. It isnt so much that they are not who they were online but that you dont see everything online and personality is very different inperson.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I would like to think so. seems realistic. I have not had the pleasure yet, I am always hopeful I have had some really lovely conversations....
    heather1381

Answer by heather1381 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I hope so! I met one and we're good friends. I'm hoping to meet one tomorrow! She's visiting my city and will HOPEFULLY be able to come over.

I am friends with like-minded CM members for a reason.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I've talked to one on the phone a lot almost every day and she's cool. I guess it depends on how much I talk to them on CM.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have meet one and we have been friends for 2 yrs. I also talk to one on the phone and we are really good friends. We just wish we lived closer together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010