Does anyone have a Cedarworks playset?

If so, do you like it? If you have heard of it and went with another brand, then why? Also, how old were your children when you first purchased the playset?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 12:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My sister bought a Rainbow after a lot of research. It was more money but I think they are so happy in the long run. They bought it when my nnephew was 5 and he is now 16. It is in tremdously good shape. My youngest neice who wasn't even born then has a ball in her "fort" with all her friends. Her sibs are too old to be interested anymore. One thing they did was ever single spring they sprayed a protective coat of poly on all the wood. It took one saturday a year to do. Hope it helps.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I love the catalog & it seems like the best on the market, but we'd have to win the lottery to afford one.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I've submitted a request for their catalog. Unfortunately, I can't find any prices online. Does the catalog list prices? If so, can you list some examples?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I can't find the catalog at the moment. The basics started a few thousand and went up to like $50,000+ for these beautiful giant sets with all the attachments. It's a good investment & will last years, but we don't have that kind of money to spend.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• $50,000+ for a swingset? That's insane!!! If you find the catalog, let me know..... I requested it, but I hate waiting. If it's out of our price range, then I'll stop looking at the cedarworks website...LOL Is it just me or is everything more expensive these days? I guess swingsets have come a long way....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Hello! Thank you all for posting discussion about CedarWorks Playsets! I am a mom, and I also work for CedarWorks, so I was excited to see this thread. We do have some "doozies" out there, but not all swing sets cost $50k. They range in price, and we have some non-customizable cedar sets that are available at a lower price point but still maintain the quality and beauty of the CedarWorks brand. So take heart! You don't have to win the lottery to own a fabulous set, but do talk to one of the designers to create a play set that you are comfortable with that will also meet your family's needs ;-). There are so many options to pick from. There are also indoor play sets, and we will be launching some new products this spring. Please keep in touch!
    CedarWorksMum

Answer by CedarWorksMum at 11:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2010