Are you having a hard time sleeping or staying asleep?

I'm 17 weeks prego and it takes me so long to fall asleep. once a fall aseleep I'm guaranteed to wake up through the night. Sometimes I can go back to bed, but most of the time I toss and turn for like an hour- sometimes two. I feel tired all the time. I work overnight 3 to 4 times a week and have no prob falling asleep during the day but staying asleep is a challenge even then. If you have experienced this or currently what has helped you? It's been 11 years since I was last prego and dont recall going thru this.

bettalisten

Asked by bettalisten at 1:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but when I was in my third trimester, I had trouble sleeping also. I pretty much had to get 20 pillows plus a body pillow to be able to sleep good, and to be able to support my body all the way around. My ex-husband hated it, but I slept better :)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Im in my 3rd trimester and I have the same problem alot of times I cant fall asleep because Im always thinking about the baby other times its that I cant get comfortable..I get up so many times just to use to bathroom and restless leg is crazy I cant stand it..My legs are always feeling like they gotta move..I agree with using alot of pillows I do the same and body pillows work great..Good luck..
    KendallsMommie1

Answer by KendallsMommie1 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• YES! i usually do fall asleep pretty fast at first, but then i wake up several times and sometimes stay awake for over an hour.

i haven't found anything to help yet but i have been wanting to set up a cd player so i can listen to my pregnancy relaxation CDs. in my previous pregnancy those would make me fall asleep super fast.

good luck. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Thanks everyone! All of you have been very helpful!
    bettalisten

Answer by bettalisten at 10:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010