What would you do in my case?

Ok I just answered a question about saving money with letting your SO know.
But if he were your DH you would have to tell him. I understand you need to tell him bc he is your dh and you are not suppose to hide anything from eachother especially if he does the same for you. But the only reason I would not want to tell him is bc he can't have money in his hand for long he is ready to spend I mean he doesn't spend it on stupid stuff but things that we could do without. that would be the only reason for being so secret about it. What would you do in my case?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• My parents married in the '50s. My mom put a few dollars away every week, never told my dad, and bought herself a new, fire engine red mustang, in 1969. My dad was stunned...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• So why are you wanting to save the money. If it is for an emergency I can't see him being anything but glad to have themoneywhen you guys need it. If it is for something that you want I think thats a different story. You don't think he would let you save a few bucks a week? Have you guys really talked about it yet?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I know someone that has tons of money stashed away that her husband has no clue about! He lets her have no say in where their income goes (yes, she works, too). If he wants to invest, he does even if she objects! He's not in good health, so she wants to know she will be okay if something happens to him (she even has a small life insurance policy out on him, lol.)
    I'm not condoning doing what she's doing, although I understand why she does it. I don't think it's good to hide anything from your spouse, but a few dollars a week that you would spend on lattes or sodas at a gas station won't be missed. If you sacrifice something you do for yourself and save it away, I can see no harm in that. I don't think your husband would be upset. If anything, proud of your sacrifice.
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 2:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2010