Over the counter meds. and 1st trimester????

So I am only 5 weeks prego, and have a sinus infection that my husband gave me, I took 2 sinus relief pills this morning, and about 5 1/2 hours later took another 2. Then about half hour after I took the second ones I realized "HMMM Dumb ass, maybe you should read the back" and OF COURSE it said, "Consult your physician if you are pregnant or nursing" Should I be worried? Or is it really no biggie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• :-( call your doc. From here on out, any sickness goes through him. There are approved meds, he can tell you what you can take. I can tell you that my allergies have been really bad and all of the stuff my husband brought home was a no no. I checked the medications online (found a website called safefetus.com-- don't know how reliable it is, but it's better than no info), and they said not to take them, and since I can't remember the list of approved ones I got from the doc when I PG with my son and I haven't yet seen him for this PG, I can't take ANYTHING. Oh, except Tylenol.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• it can be a biggy... call the on call doc and ask. that's what they are there for
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• dont worry about it now, sicne you cant change it. but definately call your doc in the morning. i know there are a lot of things to avoid, but i cant remember what the rule is oin decongestants.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2010