how do i make citrate of magnesia into jello so my child will take it?

she cant stand the icky taste and she has to take it she to scared of an enema.

scheermommy

Asked by scheermommy at 1:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Oh God, my son is stuck on magnesia citrate! He has to have 4 oz 3 times a day for 4 days once a month. The other days he has 1.5 oz a day as maintanence. THANK GOD my son will actually drink it. He hates it (he's 5) but he knows he has to take it so he does. My advice (unless this is to be used before a test like a barium swallow) is to give her Miralax instead. My son's ped says its the medication of choice but I cant afford it so we go with the cheap Magnesia Citrate. The Miralax has no flavor at all and doesnt have a color, you can mix it in a capri sun if you want.

As for magnesia in jello... I personally dont think it would work. The amount that you would need to put in there would mean that she would have to eat ALOT of jello to have the flavor diluted or else she will still be able to taste it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You could try the flavored versions of the magnesium citrate, which blend nicely into orange juice. This is what I give my son when he needs it. We can't use Miralax here b/c my son had a reaction to it the one time we tried it, so we stick to natural methods of treatment now. You can buy Natural Calm for Kids or a similar product at most health food stores. The Natural Calm for Kids has an orange-citrus-y flavor to it, which is why it blends so well with the orange juice.
    Anonymous

• OMG what are you guys doing to your kids?
    Get a better doctor... seriously
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• What is your problem, MELRN? You have something against magnesium citrate or something?
    Anonymous