when your baby is being cranky and has you up til all hours of the night

do you turn on the tv? and does your hubby complain? mine will actually turn off the tv and forbid me to turn it back on- it drives me crazy! what to do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• seriously? he forbids you? When my kids were babies I would turn the tv on and watch a movie or i would put them in a sling and do house work. Sometimes I would read.

I am not the type of woman who allows a man to forbid me to do anything lol, to me that is a challenge and he will regret it, luckily my DH knows this and doesnt push that button.

Next time he forbids you hand the baby to him and tell him you are going to bed.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Putting aside the fact that the TV may be stimulating the baby and keeping her awake, he is being a jerk and does not get to "forbid" a spouse from doing anything. Next time, hand him the baby and go to bed.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i will turn the tv on if its going to be one of them nites that she is going to be on a good cranky spell...my hubby dont even notice
    mommadream

Answer by mommadream at 9:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• What rkoloms said!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• How old is the baby? Forbids you hahaha.... NICE!!!!!! Yeah, NO! My husband does not FORBID me to do anything, We work as a team and work together.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Is the TV in your bedroom where he is trying to sleep? In which case I can kind of see his point. However, if the TV is in the living room, then I would ignore him and turn it on anyway. I would just have the volume low.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• What is this 1953? Forbid?????? Lord you have bigger problems than a fussy baby.
    Anonymous