I've been getting really bad acid reflux. Is there anything you suggest to help it?

I'm 7 months pregnant.

hey-boo-boo

Asked by hey-boo-boo at 1:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tums, I ate them like candy in my 3rd trimester. Also snickers bars work, it is true ,I thought my co worker was insane when he handed me one of those small snickers bars but it worked!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• milk really really helped me. I went through gallons of the stuff when I was pregnant. Good for the baby too. haha
    SweetestSin

Answer by SweetestSin at 2:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• u can also put about a tsp of baking soda in about a cup of water and drink it. It taste awful, but it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I get the rolaids with gas relief because it knocks out two of my major complaints reflux and extremely painful night time gas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My doctor said, caffine, peppermint and chocolate make reflux worse...also don't lie down until at least 1 hour after a meal.
    mommalaa

Answer by mommalaa at 2:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• papaya enzyme is amazing. Be sure to get one without papaya.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My hb was so bad I had to take a daily Zantac.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 7:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Zantac is the only thing that works for me while pregnant!
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My midwife prescribed 300mg Zantac. You can get 150mg over the counter. It worked okay. I still had it but not nearly as bad.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I would honestly go see a GI specialist if it's THAT BAD. I had to it soooo bad when I was pregnant(and I constantly ate antacids) that I had bad damage to my esophagus and it was inflammed after giving birth-that was 3 years ago. I had an endoscopy done when my daughter was 1 month old and have been on prevacid 2x a day for 3 years now. I'll never be the same and always have this problem and I'm healthy,excercise,etc. but it's just one of those things that can be really bad if it gets inflammed. GI doc could really help you out and prescribe you something to give relief, because you still have 2 months to go and maybe have this for long after. Good luck,
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2010