My daughter keeps waking up more and more each night

I have no idea what is going on, but my daughter keeps waking up in the middle of night crying and screaming. She's sound asleep and then all of a sudden she just cries so I go and get her, but she just wants to go back to bed.
We are tyring to give her a sippy cup but at night we give her a bottle of water...I am wondering if it has to do that she doesnt get milk at night? Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she might be having nightmares. My cousins son starting having bad nightmares when he was about 18 months. My son started having then a few months ago so I stoped letting him watch batman, spiderman and stuff like that. Oh and scooby Doo..... that is a really bad one. Everytime he watches it he has nightmares. It sounds weird to say that because everyone loves scooby but then i thought about it ok they are figuring out mysteries that deal with ghosts and monsters. This might be her problem.... Or she couls possibly jsut be doing it because she knows you come running in to get her. If she watches stuff like that then i would stop letting her watch it for a few days and see if this is the problem. If not them let her cry for a night and see if it gets better. If not then I would talk to you doctor about it. GL!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Wow, sleep troubles seem to be in the air right now... my 2.5 year old has just started with night waking, night mares, sleep talking, afraid of monsters, night terrors... the only thing I can say is go to her if she needs you (try first to see if she can do it on her own); but spend as little time as possible and be as boring as possible. Rub her back for a minute, but try not to talk. During the day you can feel her out to see if she's afraid of anything, but be careful not to plant fears that aren't already there (don't ask her if she's afraid of monsters if she's not already saying monsters). She could be waking when she wets, too. Have you started potty training during the day? Even if not, she could be getting more sensitive to wetting her diaper... Sorry, not much advice since we're still dealing with it too. GL.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2010