Pre-School

What age did you send your LO to pre school? The one here starts at 3 years old, and my DD keeps telling me she wants to go. I am having a very hard time with it. I know she would do good. She is excelled for her age, but im worried about how she will handle it. How did your LO do?

Maybe Im more worried about how I will handle it..

btw, she will be three in April, so she wouldnt start until then

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• WOW! your lucky. the schools here in california do not accept kids until age 4. anyone under needs to be in Head Start program. ..lol. As i am typing this message, my d4 year old daughter began talking in her sleep. it was funny..
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• They start at 3 here also. Both my kids wnet at that age and LOVED it. They got to do things I wouldnt have them do. And they get to interact with other kids!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• when they were 4
    mommadream

Answer by mommadream at 9:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Depends on the kid.

tried when my oldest was 4, she HATED it. we pulled her out after 6 months. waited for her to go into kindergarten with much better results.

#2 went when she was 3, she just had that extroverted energetic ADHD personality that needed something more structured than home. lol she THRIVED on it. and is now in grade one.

#3 is going now, she's 3. she wasn't tookeen at first but now loves it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• We started our son at 2 1/2. Really depends on the child. My son took about a month to adjust but there's a little one in his class that has yet to fully adjust. Our son is an only child so it's a great chance for him to socialize with other kids.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Both of my children were ready for and loved preschool at age 3. We don't live in a neighborhood and that was their only interaction with other children their age. So they really needed it. Also, it really prepared my daughter for a structured class in Kindergarten. Since it was only 2 days a week for 2.5 hours each time, I felt it was really enhancing their social and cognitive learning. You could always try it and if you feel she's just not ready, pull her out. I know of other parents who have done this.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010